WIPO Sub-Regional Seminar in Morocco on the Development of R&D, Technological Innovation and Intellectual Property
The Sub-Regional Seminar was officially opened by Mr. Adil El Maliki, Director General of OMPIC, Dr. El Hassane Hzaine, Director General of the Islamic Center for Trade and Development (ICDT) and Mr. Roca Campaña on behalf of WIPO.
Representatives attended from Algeria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Jordan, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Senegal and Tunisia. Approximately 60 participants attended the Seminar.
Round table discussions focused on the benefits of developing a regional TISC, in collaboration with existing national TISC networks, including the ICDT (in particular as regards funding regional innovation support projects and TISC networks) and WIPO. The following actions were identified in support of increased regional networking and innovation:
- exchanging experiences;
- exchanging best/standard practices;
- sharing information sources;
- sharing human capacity;
- sharing and drafting common documentation (e.g. in Arabic);
- providing joint regional services;
- sharing success stories;
- organizing study visits (to more experienced national TISC networks, e.g. in Morocco);
- exchanging experts; and
- reinforcing experiences and competencies.
The program of the workshop is available here (French version only). If you are interested in more information please just drop us a line in the comment below box.